International Exchange Programs
Expand your horizons by completing part of your degree at a university in Asia. Under exchange programs students study at a university abroad while paying tuition and fees and receiving credit at their home university. Courses are taught in English, and foreign language fluency is not necessary. The benefits of an international education are life-long. Students who have participated in exchange programs report that it was the highlight of their education and provided their most important lessons. More and more, employers are seeking employees with international experience who can conduct business in an increasingly global economy. The advantages of studying economics abroad are:
- learn about a different economy from the inside
- study subjects that are not offered at UH
- gain an international perspective in many areas of economics
- build up international contacts
- make your resume stand out
- meet new people and make new friends
- pursue adventure and fun!
For program availability, please visit Manoa International Exchange and contact:
- Mr. George Sabo, UHM MIX Coordinator
- Int'l Exchange & Partnerships
- Inbound Advisor
For more information about the Department of Economics undergraduate International Exchange Programs, contact the Undergraduate Advisors. They can provide you with information and guidance in pursuing international exchange opportunities. Please contact the department of economics office (956-8496; Saunders 542) in order to set up an appointment too meet with an advisor.