The UH-Manoa Economics Department is a leader among departments focusing on the economies of the Asia-Pacific region. We offer courses on the economies of China, Japan, the Pacific Islands, and Southeast Asia. Our international focus is strengthened by courses in international trade, international finance, global growth and crisis, and economic development.
We have active and growing exchange programs with universities in Japan and Thailand. Most importantly, the cultural diversity of our students and faculty bring a unique international flavor to our program that is unmatched by any economics department in the United States.
- Want to know more about our undergraduate course offerings? Check out the descriptions of economics courses in the UH-Manoa University Catalog.
- Did you just declare Economics as your major? Are you still just thinking about it? Either way, we have some important things you should keep in mind about sources of academic support and how to best fit our course offerings to meet your needs.
- The Department encourages all students taking economics courses to investigate possible sources of financial aid. A great place to begin is to visit the web site of the Financial Aid Office at UH-Manoa.
- Are you an economics major or minor with a 3.5 GPA in economics and a 3.3 overall GPA? Interested in being a member of an international economics honor society, Omicron Delta Epsilon? Please contact the Undergraduate Advisor for more information.
- Interested in being an exchange student in Thailand or Japan? Check out our exchange programs with Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand, and Nihon University in Tokyo, Japan.
Economics Honors Track
Declare Economics as a Major or Minor
|Undergraduate Guide||BA in Economics program sheet
and sample four year academic plan
|Major Declaration Form||Minor Declaration Form|
Please schedule an appointment with a department advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-808-956-5696.